Comprehensive Veterinary Care in Starke, Florida
At Town & Country Veterinary Clinic, we care deeply about every one of our pet patients and offer extensive services to ensure we are as thorough as possible when assessing and diagnosing any problems they may be experiencing. Our diagnostic services include everything from digital x-rays to ultrasounds to laboratory testing. We offer over 25 years of experience and treat each of our patients as we would want our own pets to be treated.
Radiology is one of the most useful diagnostic procedures for evaluating your pet. X-rays allow us to see the size, shape, and location of internal organs and allows us to diagnose foreign objects inside your pet’s body.
Digital radiology offers numerous benefits, because:
- They can be saved on a disk and sent home with you as part of your pet’s medical records.
- They are easier to store and transport than traditional film x-rays.
- Images can be emailed to specialists when a second opinion or additional diagnosis is needed, leading to a faster diagnosis for your pet.
- They reduce your pet’s time on the x-ray table by reducing the number of radiographs needed. This means less stress for your pet.
- They eliminate the need to use toxic chemicals in the film development process, decreasing the risk of exposure to our staff and the environment.
Ultrasound is an important, non-invasive, diagnostic test used for identifying abdominal issues. Town & Country Veterinary Clinic is equipped with the latest veterinary ultrasound technology to help diagnose problems quickly and efficiently. Because the procedure is non-invasive, anesthesia is not necessary, resulting in a less stressful, more comfortable visit for your pet.
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of your pet’s internal organs. Abdominal ultrasound is useful for examining the liver, spleen, pancreas, and kidneys as well as detecting reproductive abnormalities.
Sometimes a physical exam is not enough to identify the exact cause of an illness. Town & Country Veterinary Clinic is equipped with a state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory capable of measuring nearly one hundred laboratory values, with results often available in a few minutes or less. Trained, experienced technicians staff our laboratory and are capable of interpreting your pet’s laboratory results quickly and accurately.
The most commonly performed tests in our laboratory include:
- Complete blood counts
- Blood chemistry profiles
- Fecal exams
- Heartworm tests
We have invested heavily in the most up-to-date laboratory instruments in order to provide the best possible care for your pet.